Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Top Ten Tuesday!


My 'Top Ten Tuesday' pick of my ten favourite Hammer films has gone live over at Watching Hammer - thanks again to that excellent site for allowing me to indulge two of my keenest pleasures at the same time: numerical list-making and waffling about Hammer.

The only trouble with the list is that just looking at it fills me with guilt over the ones I had to leave behind: The Mummy, Vampire Circus, Taste the Blood of Dracula, The Hound of the Baskervilles, Hands of the Ripper, The Lady Vanishes, Taste of Fear, Plague of the Zombies, The Mummy's Shroud, Rasputin the Mad Monk, The Reptile... in fact just about all of them, up to and most definitely including The Vengeance of She.

But I think I've picked a pretty solid ten. Do please feel free to violently disagree with me!
.(Matthew Coniam)

3 comments:

Holger Haase said...

Very interesting list. Children of the Full Moon? Hmm.... than again you're never going to get an argument from me about just about any Hammer on any list. Well, unless you nominate BEYOND THE RAVE. That just wouldn't be cool. Or ironic. Or anything.

I know where you're coming from though with the films you ended up leaving out. A started a Top 10 as well about a month.... and have then left it again as it is such a difficult choice and my selection will probably change with the seasons. I definitely must finish the list and mail it off to Watching Hammer as well.

Matthew Coniam said...

Ha ha! I've not seen Beyond the Rave, actually.
I thought it looked pretty awful, but I suppose I should catch up with it all the same. Doubt it'll make me want to amend my Top ten though!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again to Matthew for the list, although I'll take a bit of convincing over 'Man About the House'! :-)

Looking forward to yours Holger!