Thursday, January 17, 2008

Google Alerts

Don’t know about you, but for some of my favourite subjects I use Google Alerts. Google Alerts allows you to define search terms you’re interested in and in regular intervals Google will then supply you with an email summary of all new pages that contain those terms. So rather than having to scour endless proper Google searches in the hope of finding new info on page 21 of the search results, you just have to quickly review this one email summary.

Reason I am telling you this?

Well, for one I am hoping it may be useful to some of you. And, two, I just posted the Tales of Frankenstein info about half an hour ago. While I was tweaking it a little bit I noticed my daily Google Alerts summary coming in and – guess what? – that blog post was already mentioned on it! What can I say, but – Wow! – that was fast!!!!

No comments: